If you take the time to talk to newcomers of Maplewood, New Jersey, you will undoubtedly hear similar tales. A young couple has become fed up with the high rents in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn where they have almost no space of their own.
Perhaps they have a baby on the way, or they are simply looking for more space and wish to purchase a home of their own. Looking out of town towards the suburbs is the answer, but they don’t want to venture too far because one or both of them works in New York City.
NORMAN ROCKWELL IMAGERY
The image that you encounter in Maplewood is far from an illusion. In the past 30 years, very little has changed. In addition to the art gallery and local bagel shop, there is an old-fashioned luncheonette where you will find neighbors sitting and enjoying each other’s company while talking about the latest events.
Maplewood consists of a four-mile radius and it is the ultimate vision of the suburbs. Walk the tranquil streets and you will see the streets as well as the parks and sidewalks lined with Tudor and Colonial style homes enveloped in tall trees. Maplewood also has a downtown area, which is affectionately known by residents as “the village.” Here you will find quaint shops that are family owned and dedicated to the residents of Maplewood.
Even the supermarket in the downtown area – Kings – creates the atmosphere of a country store rather than a supermarket chain.
SURROUNDED BY NATURE AND BEAUTY
Maplewood is a town that is surrounded by natural beauty and it lives and breathes the small town atmosphere. The town meets the South Mountain Reservation, which is a recreation preserve that encompasses 2,020 acres. Here you will have the opportunity to take advantage of numerous hiking trails and picnic grounds for family outings. Residents also take advantage of the six parks as well as the award-winning outdoor pool.
STRONG SENSE OF COMMUNITY
It’s hard to believe that a town that seems so quaint and perfect can be so affordable. New residents to the area are drawn to the natural beauty of Maplewood, but they remain here due to the strong sense of community that not only keeps community traditions strong, but also fosters a closeness of neighbors.
The community has approximately 23,000 residents and the homes primarily consist of olden era architecture such as Victorians, Colonials and Tudors which dominate the majority of single family homes. You cannot drive or walk down the block without admiring the beautifully established landscaping that these homes boast.
LOCATION AND AFFORDABILITY
Only 18 miles from Manhattan, Maplewood residents who travel to the big City for employment usually do so by train. The train ride is approximately 30 minutes during the busiest hours of the day, including rush hour.
Another factor that draws families here is the fact that the homes in Maplewood are affordable, especially considering the amount of convenience that you get for the price tag. Current market trends have homes selling from the mid $100s through over $700,000 with the median sales price being around $429,601. Larger homes in the area start around $350,000 and usually offer larger property for the growing family or landscaping enthusiast.
QUALITY SCHOOLS AND POLITICS
Notwithstanding, like the surrounding areas, Maplewood residents share a quality school district with neighboring South Orange. The school district consists of six elementary schools. The number of middle schools is two while only a single high school exists, but carries with it a reputation for academic excellence. In addition to advanced placement options, Columbia High School also offers vocational courses and college prep courses to help students grow. Journalism and film making classes are also available as are 25 active clubs and 23 varsity sports options.
The Township Committee is made up of five women and men as well as a mayor.
real estate new jersey, new jersey real estate, nj real estate, real estate nj, new jersey mls, new jersey homes for sale, Maplewood nj real estate, real estate in Maplewood, Maplewood homes, Maplewood nj homes, real estate in Maplewood nj, realtos Maplewood nj, moving to Maplewood, new jersey real estate listings
Maplewood Twp. Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Maplewood Twp.
- 76 Hillcrest Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1628
- 11 Lewis Dr Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1005
- 202 Parker Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1612
- 19 Warner Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2010
- 32 Wetmore Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1518
- 30 Brookwood Dr Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1905
- 727 Valley St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2644
- 52 Curtiss Pl Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2102
- 40 Fernwood Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1622
- 18 Yale St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2706
- 47 Bowdoin St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3133
- 15 Midland Blvd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1743
- 3 Laurel Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3502
- 15 Nelson Pl, Unit 2L Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3007
- 27 Mountain Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2541
Sold Listings in Maplewood Twp.
- 29 Kensington Ter Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1356
- 39 Headley Pl Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1111
- 12 Brown St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3013
- 28 Boyden Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1647
- 114 Newark Way Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3327
- 61 Yale St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3135
- 6 Tower Dr Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1008
- 63 Highland Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2311
- 29 Hickory Dr Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2107
- 67 Lexington Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3239
- 228 Hilton Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3526
- 806 Prospect St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3538
- 84 Midland Blvd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1810
- 499 Summit Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1307
- 43 Tuscan St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2935
Walk Score for Maplewood Twp.
Maplewood Twp. School Data
Maplewood Twp. School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
Maplewood Twp. Schools
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school data. Please check back soon.