If you take the time to talk to newcomers of Maplewood, New Jersey, you will undoubtedly hear similar tales. A young couple has become fed up with the high rents in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn where they have almost no space of their own.
Perhaps they have a baby on the way, or they are simply looking for more space and wish to purchase a home of their own. Looking out of town towards the suburbs is the answer, but they don’t want to venture too far because one or both of them works in New York City.
NORMAN ROCKWELL IMAGERY
The image that you encounter in Maplewood is far from an illusion. In the past 30 years, very little has changed. In addition to the art gallery and local bagel shop, there is an old-fashioned luncheonette where you will find neighbors sitting and enjoying each other’s company while talking about the latest events.
Maplewood consists of a four-mile radius and it is the ultimate vision of the suburbs. Walk the tranquil streets and you will see the streets as well as the parks and sidewalks lined with Tudor and Colonial style homes enveloped in tall trees. Maplewood also has a downtown area, which is affectionately known by residents as “the village.” Here you will find quaint shops that are family owned and dedicated to the residents of Maplewood.
Even the supermarket in the downtown area – Kings – creates the atmosphere of a country store rather than a supermarket chain.
SURROUNDED BY NATURE AND BEAUTY
Maplewood is a town that is surrounded by natural beauty and it lives and breathes the small town atmosphere. The town meets the South Mountain Reservation, which is a recreation preserve that encompasses 2,020 acres. Here you will have the opportunity to take advantage of numerous hiking trails and picnic grounds for family outings. Residents also take advantage of the six parks as well as the award-winning outdoor pool.
STRONG SENSE OF COMMUNITY
It’s hard to believe that a town that seems so quaint and perfect can be so affordable. New residents to the area are drawn to the natural beauty of Maplewood, but they remain here due to the strong sense of community that not only keeps community traditions strong, but also fosters a closeness of neighbors.
The community has approximately 23,000 residents and the homes primarily consist of olden era architecture such as Victorians, Colonials and Tudors which dominate the majority of single family homes. You cannot drive or walk down the block without admiring the beautifully established landscaping that these homes boast.
LOCATION AND AFFORDABILITY
Only 18 miles from Manhattan, Maplewood residents who travel to the big City for employment usually do so by train. The train ride is approximately 30 minutes during the busiest hours of the day, including rush hour.
Another factor that draws families here is the fact that the homes in Maplewood are affordable, especially considering the amount of convenience that you get for the price tag. Current market trends have homes selling from the mid $100s through over $700,000 with the median sales price being around $429,601. Larger homes in the area start around $350,000 and usually offer larger property for the growing family or landscaping enthusiast.
QUALITY SCHOOLS AND POLITICS
Notwithstanding, like the surrounding areas, Maplewood residents share a quality school district with neighboring South Orange. The school district consists of six elementary schools. The number of middle schools is two while only a single high school exists, but carries with it a reputation for academic excellence. In addition to advanced placement options, Columbia High School also offers vocational courses and college prep courses to help students grow. Journalism and film making classes are also available as are 25 active clubs and 23 varsity sports options.
The Township Committee is made up of five women and men as well as a mayor.
real estate new jersey, new jersey real estate, nj real estate, real estate nj, new jersey mls, new jersey homes for sale, Maplewood nj real estate, real estate in Maplewood, Maplewood homes, Maplewood nj homes, real estate in Maplewood nj, realtos Maplewood nj, moving to Maplewood, new jersey real estate listings
Maplewood Twp. Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Maplewood Twp.
- 69 Boyden Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1952
- 21 Maplewood Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1219
- 72 Hilton Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2911
- 465 Valley St, Unit 5M Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1330
- 465 Valley St, Unit 5M Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1330
- 15 Troy Ct Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3008
- 251A Elmwood Ave, Unit 1 Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1900
- 208 Indiana St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3548
- 43 Tuscan St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2935
- 219 Laurel Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1913
- 55 Princeton St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3531
- 51 Burr Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1431
- 514 Prospect St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1304
- 616 S Orange Ave, Ph3, Unit PH3 Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1034
- 94 Durand Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2106
Sold Listings in Maplewood Twp.
- 228 Tuscan Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3029
- 55 Burnett Ter Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2328
- 16-18 Coolidge Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1504
- 14 Dehart Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1108
- 2 S Pierson Rd Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3409
- 60 Courter Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2820
- 437 Elmwood Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1714
- 11 Wellesley St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3227
- 108 Jacoby St Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3045
- 120 Maplewood Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1234
- 208 Franklin Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3505
- 72 Concord Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-3236
- 223 Parker Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1613
- 16 Norfolk Ave Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-1706
- 25 S Boyden Pky Maplewood Twp., NJ 07040-2412
Walk Score for Maplewood Twp.
Maplewood Twp. School Data
Maplewood Twp. School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
Maplewood Twp. Schools
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school data. Please check back soon.